Xdebug is the most popular debugging and profiler tool for PHP. There are complied Xdubug files are available on the internet that helps installation very easy for Windows as compared to other Operating Systems.
Steps to Install Xdebug:
- Go to Xdebug Download Page and download the appropriate binary for your Xampp installation.
- Move the downloaded DLL file into your XAMPP PHP extension directory. For my case, it’s at C:\xampp\php\ext directory.
- Make sure that DLL file has “debug.dll” name.
- Open your php.ini file. For me it’s available at C:\xampp\php\php.ini.
- Paste the below code at the bottom of the file.INI1234567zend_extension = c:\xampp\php\ext\xdebug.dllxdebug.remote_enable = 1xdebug.remote_handler = dbgpxdebug.remote_host = localhostxdebug.remote_autostart = 1xdebug.remote_port = 9000xdebug.show_local_vars = 1
- Restart your Xampp and open the PHPInfo page. On success, you will find the Xdebug section like below